- Use the author's full name and spell is properly (William Shakespeare)
- Make sure the thesis is argumentative
- Check for grammatical and spelling errors, wordiness
- Create complex thesis statements by showing that "this" leads to "this", cause and effect
- "Although" statements are a great way to set up your thesis statement
- Never use personal statements (I, you, we, etc)
- Use "college writer" words
- You can use to opposing ideas (Loyalty vs Betrayal, Sanity vs Insanity, Good vs Evil, etc)
- Remember that Hamlet is a play, not a book or story
Then, we checked that everyone had posting privileges on Smith's blog. If you never responded to the email, please make sure that you do.
We finished up by watching scenes from the movie.
The Act 2 quiz has been moved to Wednesday.